Adjectives are words that describe nouns and pronouns.
Adjectives tell us:
• Quantity – few, many, several, ten
• Size – large, small, enormous
• Taste – sweet, sour, tart, delicious
• Colour – blue, reddish, dark, bright
• Condition – broken, dirty, clean
• Shape – round, square
• Appearance and Personality – fat, slim, angry, proud
• Sound – loud, noisy, blaring
In both writing and in speaking it is best to keep the number of adjectives to a minimum.
Order of Adjectives in Sentences
Most native English speakers do not realize that there is a definite order of adjectives when speaking or writing English. The proper order is used automatically because this is the way they have always heard adjectives when spoken. For a second language English speaker, this order can be problematic.